Through our State membership with BSA NSW www.bsansw.com , Snooker & Billiards Central Coast (SBCC) is also directly affiliated with the Australian Billiards & Snooker Council (ABSC) – which is the organisation recognised by government and the majority of playing participants as the peak body for the sport of Snooker & Billiards in Australia absc.com.au
As part of ABSC's overall charter, they are required to develop and implement a framework of policies under which the sport of Snooker & Billiards operates Nationally. These policies are regularly updated to include all the current relevant and required conditions, to provide a code of conduct that forms the basis of appropriate and ethical behaviour that everyone involved in our sport must abide by.
The policies therefore form an essential and integral part of the ABSC's proactive and preventative approach to making sure that any inappropriate behaviour does not occur within our sport. The ABSC maintains a firm commitment that their Member Protection Policy is fully instigated and adhered to by everyone involved in Snooker & Billiards within Australia.
SBCC is equally committed to providing an environment that is safe in all aspects for all participants in our sport of Snooker & Billiards on the Central Coast. This commitment extends to actively making sure that all SBCC Members embrace and enforce the same protective policies for the overall benefit of our sport.
The SBCC Board has therefore formally adopted the ABSC Member Protection Policy and will uphold and abide by these principles in all dealings with participants of Snooker & Billiards on the NSW Central Coast.
The following list briefly summarises requirements regarding personal conduct during any activity held or sanctioned by SBCC or a Member Club:
- 1. Respect the rights, dignity and worth of others;
- 2. Be fair considerate and honest in all dealings with others;
- 3. Be professional in, and accept responsibility for, your actions;
- 4. Make a commitment to providing quality service;
- 5. Be aware of, and maintain an uncompromising adhesion to, the SBCC's standards, rules, regulations and policies;
- 6. Operate within the rules of the sport including National guidelines which govern the SBCC and Member Clubs;
- 7. Do not use your involvement with SBCC or Member Clubs to promote your own beliefs, behaviours or practices where these are inconsistent with those of the SBCC or Member Clubs;
- 8. Demonstrate a high degree of individual responsibility especially when dealing with persons under 18 years of age, as your words and actions will set an example;
- 9. Avoid unaccompanied and unobserved activities with persons under 18 years of age, wherever possible;
- 10. Refrain from any form of harassment of others;
- 11. Refrain from any behaviour that may bring the SBCC or Member Clubs into disrepute;
- 12. Provide a safe environment for the conduct of all sanctioned activities;
- 13. Show concern and caution towards others who may be sick or injured;
- 14. Be a positive role model;
- 15. Understand the repercussions if you breach, or are aware of any breaches of, this policy and its related behavioural requirements.
All SBCC members (Individual, Club, etc.) are required to comply with this Member Protection Policy regardless of any role held within SBCC or a Member Club.
For more information or clarification of any aspect please contact us at email@example.com
Issued by Direction of the Board of Snooker & Billiards Central Coast
Dated: 1st January 2018